Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sucked into the Vortex

Odometer: I forgot to write it down. :)
Gas: 2.45


We did a day trip from Phoenix and drove to Jerome and Sedona with an early morning stop at AZ state park - slide rock.



Jerome is an old copper mine town about 40 miles outside of Sedona. Now it is filled with artists and bars that attract bikers.



Very pretty drive up the windy mountain road.


Bikers and open beer cans all over the place.





The water was FREEZING, but Zoe and I did get in and slide a little. This place has been known about for years, but only a state park since the early 90s. In fact, I went here on an RV trip with my family in the early 80s when it was just some cool rocks on a farm. Now that I'm older, I realize why none of the adults went in the water back then. Brrrr.






Zoe enjoyed walking around - but all of the rock was so slick I didn't dare let go of her hand.














Feel the power of the vortex even through the pictures - I thought so. We felt energized like we had a little Zoe in us from these beautiful mountains of Sedona.




Really is a beautiful area of the country - at least we think so. I wouldn't recommend walking around without ALOT of water though - this place was in the 90s and we never saw any nature water source.




















No comments:

Post a Comment